Friday, August 9, 2013

STOP for Safety!


In previous episodes, we have discussed areas involved in the box making process, such as printing and laminating.  However, there are other processes and services not directly related to box making that are just as important. One of these areas is safety.  Stephanie and Hannes interviewed the man whose impeccable sense of fashion is almost as renowned around here as his reputation as the Safety Coordinator. Let’s meet Cullen Kunkel and hear what he does at AllpakTrojan:

Unfortunately, you can't see Cullen's blue suede shoes, but nice hair!     



What is your title here and what do you do?
I am the Safety and Environmental Compliance Coordinator.  I try to ensure that people go home with their fingers and limbs still attached. I train employees on safety and make sure our facility is safe to work in.


What is the most exciting part of your job?
I love being able to help employees! I like making AllpakTrojan a safe place for everybody.


What are your favorite things to do when you are not at AllpakTrojan or at Fashion Week in Milan?
Very funny guys (while laughing and fixing his hair). I like to hike and camp in the Cascades.  I am originally from George, in eastern Washington, and have always been outdoors hiking around. Other than that, I like to walk my Bernice mountain dog with my wife and go on vacation to Hawaii and Spain.

AllpakTrojan adopted the STOP safety program from DuPont.  The Safety Training Observation Program focuses on teaching employees how to think about safety differently by developing observation techniques calling out safe and unsafe acts.  If you would like to learn more about the STOP program, please visit our website www.allpaktrojan.com or better yet, come by and take a tour of our facilities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment