Wednesday, December 14, 2011

AllpakTrojan or CIA? You Be the Judge – Episode 9

Like most companies these days, we have an IT Department.  Like most IT people, they take security pretty seriously.  Ours, however, takes security to a whole new level...

I deal with marketing, so I often peruse the internet, download videos etc.  I also help the sales team research leads.  But I swear at every turn, I am besieged by Restricted Access and Blocked Page warnings.  That damn firewall gets me every time!  I’m convinced at this point that making packaging is just a front for our real business…covert operations for the CIA.  We are right down the street from Boeing and the US Mint.  Coincidence?  I think not!  Either that or Drew, our IT Manager throws down Mr. Smith style and has some secret life as a spy.

I’m also convinced that the next time I try and download something (we’re not allowed to do that) holy water is going to shoot out of my keyboard to cleanse my hands of trying to partake of devilish work.  Either that or Drew finds out and comes to slap me in the face.

So, rest assured prospects and customers if you upload something to our FTP site, no one else is cracking that file (sometimes not even our own designers J)!

No comments:

Post a Comment