Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Case of the Sandwich Biter – Episode 5

I consider myself to be a fairly generous person.  Heck, I served in the Peace Corps back in the day.  However, when it comes to food people need to back off.  It’s not that I don’t like to share, but I like to be asked first.  Anyway, I thought the grade school days of lunch box raiders (there’s always one digging in at recess) were over.  Unfortunately, I came in one recent morning and was shocked to discover how wrong I was.

Someone ate a bite out of my sandwich (please see picture below of the crime scene).  Seriously, a bite out of my sandwich!  Several scenarios raced through my mind: the culprit was interrupted mid-mastication and did not get to finish, they didn’t eat the whole thing because they wanted me to know my sandwich was violated, it was a practical joke.  Either way, my breakfast was now ruined.  Luckily, I have a pantry in my cubicle, so I was able to fend off starvation.                       

It’s a good thing we are one of the sustainability leaders, if not the sustainability leader, in our industry.  We use vegetable-based inks, have low VOCs and utilize a whole host of other environmentally friendly practices in the making of our packaging, so they won’t get poisoned...this time…if it happens again though, I may have to employ a little chocolate flavored ex-lax in my food to teach the bugger a lesson.

Please email sustainability@allpaktrojan.com and ask for a copy of our Passport to Sustainability to learn more...about our programs, not my sandwich J.










Notice how big the bite was too!

No comments:

Post a Comment