Monday, May 20, 2013

Press Room Shenanigans!



The saga continues for us interns, and after learning the ins and outs of Customer Service and Prepress, we now move on to the Press Room. For this step, we interviewed people from both plants since the litho printing at Trojan and the flexo printing at Allpak are a little bit different. In simple terms, litho is printed on a sheet before it’s glued to a corrugated sheet; whereas, flexo is printed directly on the corrugated sheet.

At Trojan, we talked to Ken Puhl, a 15 year veteran who is the 8-color lead press operator. 

Look at Stephanie posing again!  Ken is in the middle.
What is your job responsibility? 
I am responsible for making sure that the color set up meets the customer’s needs.
What is a highlight of your job?
Any job that is well done is always fun to be a part of. It is always nice to know that I contributed to a high quality product.
Where can we find you after work?
After 2pm, I am usually enjoying an ice cold IPA at the Rainer Grill in Enumclaw. I also enjoy going on long hiking trips.  I just went to Wenatchee on a camping trip with my family!

 


At Allpak, we talked to Dean Smith, shift supervisor and football enthusiast.

Really Hannes?








What is your job responsibility?
I am responsible for everything! I work with shipping, customer service, sales and production to make sure that we meet deadlines in a safe manner.
What is your favorite hobby?
Coaching youth football for middle schools in Enumclaw. I don’t have kids; however, I love to coach and help shape them into positive upstanding citizens. 
Would you say you play the role of a coach here at AllpakTrojan?
It’s funny you bring that up; we just hired a new employee who guessed that I coach in my spare time. The post-lunch stretching exercises we do to help limit work injuries gave it away.
What are your favorite college football teams?
Huskies (go dawgs!) and any teams with a diverse offense, such as LSU, Alabama, Texas A&M, and even Oregon….. (and that’s when us UW interns ended the interview)

No comments:

Post a Comment